Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Okay so this was just too cute of a story I had to share...
Well, I had to take Matthew to the doctor about a week ago because he was having these weird blisters pop up on him. He had one on he knee and after Carlos and I popped it, it got really big and wasn't healing very well. Then he had what I assumed was his eczema all over his body that wasn't clearing up either. So anyway him and I went to see Dr. Mouser and he was such a big boy he did not cry on the way there even though I had to keep reassuring him that he was not going to get a shot.
So once we were called back and the nurse was in the room asking me what was going on (which just happens to be the same nurse when I used to go to Dr. Mouser as a little girl.) So I went through the whole thing with her and:
she said "Okay, well is Matthew allergic to any medications that you know of?"
I responded "No, not any that I know of."
and that's when Matthew leaned toward me and whispered "Mom, I am allergic to peanuts."
Omg...it was the cutest thing...he said it so calm and discreet...as if he was like...uh mom have you forgot?
I giggled as did the nurse...then she said "Wow, that is impressive that he knows that."
I giggled again and said "Oh this is coming from the child who gave back any candy with nuts that was given to him at Halloween."
Then she was really tickled. I then said oh he knows everything he is allergic to, we have drilled it in to him.
OHHHHH...... I almost forgot to mention...he had a form of staph!!!! Which was apparently not a bad case..not mersa! And don't worry it wasn't contagious...and he was on a strong antibiotic and it's cleared up now. So he's good.

1 comment:

laura said...

Staph, not fun at all!

He's so funny. :)

Labels

My Blog List



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com