Monday, August 25, 2008

Matthew's First Day of School



In the car on the way there. 
In front of the school.

Matthew started Pre-K today. He has been really excited about this! He went to bed at 9pm  last night (which everyone knows is really early for Matthew.) We woke him up at 6:45 this morning and he said he still wanted to sleep...just like his parents...ha ha. I took him in the bathroom and told him to brush his teeth and before he stuck the toothbrush in this was the conversation him and I had:
Me- "Are you excited to go to school today?"
Matthew- "Are you gonna leave me all by myself?" in a whinning voice.
Me-"Baby, Mommee & Daddee can't stay with you at school"
Matthew in a scared voice almost crying "so you are gonna leave me all alone?"
Me- "No baby, the teacher will be there and all of your new friends in your class"
then he said nothing else and started brushing. Oh man at that point I was so worried. I got him dressed and sent him downstairs to his Daddee to eat. He ate his breakfast and we set out to leave. He was really excited after that. We got to the school and he was all smiles. When he got to the classroom he was so excited to see that he could play playdoh right off. He has been in love with playdoh ever since he got it for his birthday this past year. So he put his backpack and lunch box away and then sat down to play. He was so in to playing that he didn't care if we were there or not. We kissed him and said bye, I had to drag Carlos out believe it or not. I had to leave I didn't want Matthew to see me cry. We had to stop at the nurse to give his meds. And then when we got to the car I balled like a big baby. And ever since we have been nothing but talking about him and saying what is he doing now. (We have a schedule so we know...lol) Well here are some pictures we took and in about 15 minutes we get to go and get him! 

3 comments:

Lisa Pisa said...

Aaawwww!!! I'm glad it went well for Matthew...not glad it didnt' go as well for you, though! Heehee...He looks excited in the pictures!

laura said...

You didnt cry all day did you? ha!
But I can only imagine what it's like. Congratulations to you...and to Matthew on his first day of school!

hollee said...

ha ha ha... you know me I did cry all day I even cried again when we picked him up!

Labels

My Blog List



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com