Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Okay so last night before Carlos got home from work Matthew and I started our nighttime story a little early. I did so because I had a different kind of book for him. Instead of me reading him a story, I wanted to fill out a book that he got on his first birthday from his Aunt that lives in Chicago. I had held on to the book so long because I wanted him to be old enough to participate in it. The book is called "A Book About Me!" it's a Dr. Seuss book. So Matthew and I began filling it out...it was silly stuff of course. Things like do you eat like a horse or a bird? How many teeth do you have on top and how many on bottom...how many windows does your house have...anyway you get the point. So Matthew and I were having a good time filling it out and Carlos got home. So then he was joining in on the fun. When all the sudden I get to the page that says "what do you want to be when you grow up____?" So I read the question out loud and Matthew immediately responded "Frankenstein" we giggled and I said well let's read some of the examples...and below it had things like "fireman, baseball player, doctor, nurse, and so on and all the sudden I read out loud BURGLAR! Carlos' eyes got huge, and he said with a stunned voice "It doesn't say that?!" I busted out laughing and said "Uh...yes it does!" Can you believe that?!?!? My son's Dr. Seuss book is actually encouraging kids to be a burglar when they grow up! Carlos and I just couldn't get over it, he stared at the book for a few moments and just laughed then said "you need to send that in to Jay Leno" ha ha ha....we put that book away after that...I decided that was enough for one night...

5 comments:

Lisa Pisa said...

What!?! A burglar!?! What the heck!?!

laura said...

Um. He didnt say that's what he wanted to be did her? They need to replace that with "Wii champion of the World!"

Funny story!

hollee said...

HAHAHA! No he still stuck with he wanted to be Frankenstein or the Hulk! Nice huh? He will think it's funny later in life though....and how about his favorite food was MEATLOAF! my son...he is too funny!

laura said...

I love meatloaf!!

hollee said...

So do carlos and I but don't you think it is a little strange for a 4 year old to say it's his favorite! Any time Carlos & I say Matthew what do you think Daddee should make for dinner he replies meatloaf 90% of the time!

Labels

My Blog List



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com