Wednesday, July 15, 2009

so i am a little (or maybe a lot) behind...

We were in that car accident the beginning of May and our life has been so hectic ever since. That was a really scary/ crappy end to the day. Most of you know the story, but I will touch on it a tad. Basically, I was able to get home a few minutes early from work that day just in time to meet Carlos & Matthew before they left for baseball practice. As the 3 of us walked out of the house I said to Carlos "we are going in my car right?" He said "no all the gear is already in my car and we don't have time to move it." Well, it is very rare that we all go in Carlos' car if we are all together. We were expecting to go in 2 cars because normally I wouldn't be home in time to ride with them. So we all piled in Carlos' car and headed toward dick nichols park for practice. We got on to Davis Lane and were stopped at the stoplight. We were at the very top of the hill and carlos & I were just chit chatting about our days. He was looking at his ipod to change the song and I was looking down at my phone when all of the sudden BANG! we didn't even know what had happened. We had been hit full force from the back, shoved into the car in front of us and then pushed off the road, just barely missing a tree head on. Carlos and I both immediately whipped around to check on Matthew. He wasn't hurt thank god, just VERY scared. Carlos got him out of the car and was comforting him. I was shaking so bad I didn't know what to do next. Carlos told me to call the police and I did, with in seconds a cop was at the scene and once he saw the accident he called the EMS. I was the only one seen by EMS because my big toe was bleeding, it was cut in 2 directions and I lost half of the nail. (It was nasty.) They told me that I probably needed stitches but that if I didn't get them I would be fine. Well anyone that knows me knows I have seizures when a needle is headed my way so I opted no for the stitches. However, now I think it might have been a better idea. My damn toe bleed for weeks because the cut wouldn't stay closed.  It is a lot better now, my nail is growing and the cut has completely shut. After the police finished with us Carlos said his leg was hurting and when I looked down it looked as though it was filling with blood. So my Mom & Dad (who Carlos had called and showed up right away) took Matthew home with them and I took Carlos to minor emergency. He had a hematoma. For the next few weeks he had some awful bruising! 

Here are some pics of the car and carlos' bruises. I won't show you my toe because it was pretty nasty looking. I only posted 2 of each. I mean I have a ton of both but you get the picture. I also forgot to mention that we were hit so hard that carlos and my seat broke! Completely broke, I included a picture of that. 

No comments:


My Blog List

I changed my font at