Wednesday, October 22, 2008


i made the pennant banner that is behind my granny, I really liked how it turned out














he is still in our tree for halloween





pumpkin toss


mummy wrap
Ghost bowling




Yes that is really a pinata!



The big day! It was finally here, at 8am Matthew was saying "Mommee, Mommee, Mommee wake up...do you know who's party it is today?" If I hadn't been so tired from being up till 3am then I would have laughed out loud. So, I gradually pulled myself out of the bed and begun. Thank God at the last minute my Mom & Sister came to help me, they were a HUGE help! I have to also say thanks to Desiree for her help and Laura Young as well. Carlos' mom needs a big thanks for running my last minute errand to get the balloons blown up and for that pinata. I have NEVER seen such a thing in my life! It looked so real. Twice it scared me as I walked out my front door because they had put it there before they hung it in the tree. My mom didn't want us to hit it. She wanted us to keep it for a decoration every year.

So, anyway the party finally started only 3 people out of everyone I invited weren't able to make it, so that was great! We had a full backyard and kids played 3 games that were directed by my sister
haylee (the ladybug) and her friend emilee (the bee). The games were Pumpkin toss, Ghost bowling & Mummy Wrap. Now, I initially had prizes for the pumpkin toss and the ghost bowling but my child won both of them, so no prizes were given. The kids didn't care, we let them play them again while the parents finished up eating and moved to the front yard for the pinata. The pinata as you can see was HUGE and it took forever to break. Every kid took a hit at it then we had to get the older kids out there. My sister, her friend, my brother & carlos' brother. Finally it resulted in a few guys pulling it apart and pouring out the candy for the kids who were tired of waiting. There was a total of $40 in candy in that thing and we could have still kept filling it!

Then inside for cake and presents. Of course I cried during the Happy Birthday song, like I always do. I don't think anyone noticed though..ha ha. Then it was over and the kids started to file out with the arms full of party favors! They got the
Frankenstein filled box, a motorized bubble gun, and boys got lighted swords and the girls got fairy wands. They were so happy with the party favors that they weren't even mad to leave.

Carlos & I finally had our first meal of the day at 11pm. Carlos got a lot of compliments on his food which was great! He was really nervous about using his new grill. I agreed that the food was great once I finally got to eat. I even had a piece of cake which was also really yummy. Then we hit the sac, I think all three of us were asleep within minutes.

No comments:

Labels

My Blog List



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com