Wednesday, October 22, 2008


Okay, let me begin with sorry it's been so long since I posted. As you all know I make a huge deal out of Matthew's birthdays. I have always remembered how fun my mom made sure mine were, so I like to carry that on to my child. Sometimes Carlos is reluctant at first, then as the party approaches he wants it to be just as big! He never had a birthday party as a child, so it's important to him to that our kids do. Anyway, I have been planning this Halloween birthday party since his 4th birthday party, yes for a YEAR. That's how I like to do things.

Now before I tell you how the party went let me tell you about the days leading up to it. Two weeks before his party I was decorating and I was hanging a scene setter in the dining room (you will see it in the cake pictures, it's on the wall behind matthew) and this took me quite some time, because I was doing it alone. However after it was all said and done, I was happy with it. Then the next day was Monday and it was National Night Out which Target is a big sponsor of so of course our family headed out right after work. So by the time we got home it was late and hot in the house because no one had been home for longer than 20 minutes all day. When we walked in we saw that the entire (and it was long!) scene setter was on the floor. Carlos laughed and nothing good came out of my mouth then Matthew....

He started with "who did this? who took this down?"
I stated that it had fallen, as I was gritting my teeth
Matthew- "Great now we can't have the party, cancel it, just cancel it!"
I stood there with my mouth open and told him to go upstairs to take a bath.
All the way up the stairs "just cancel the party mom, cancel it"
The whole time he is saying this to me like an adult!
I told him to wait for me in my bathroom and I started telling Carlos what he was saying.
Then as I got near the bathroom he was in I could still hear him saying "just cancel the party, cancel it"
I just couldn't believe it!

Then the next day I told my mom the story, so when she picked him up she asked him if it was true that he wanted to cancel his party. He said "YES, because mom put up the picture of the trees with no leaves and it fell, so now we can't have the party"
When I got home she told me all of this and so I looked at Matthew and asked him "Matthew do you know what cancel means?"
Matthew- "No..."
We all busted out laughing...
My little boy.

1 comment:

Lisa Pisa said...

It has been awhile since you posted! I was slacking on checking!!!!

Labels

My Blog List



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com